Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to 250!

The WinRho treatment was a success. I took Max back to the doctor yesterday and his platelet count was back up to 250 and his red blood cells were with in normal limits too. Depending on how long it lasts, this will probably be the treatment of choice for the next 6-8 weeks. We go back next Thursday to check his counts again. (I also had the doctor fill out the form for Max to be "homebound". This way, until I can find a cirriculum that I like, the school district will provide everything, including a teacher that comes out 3x a week.) This treatment was so much better, thank heavens! Other than being tired on Saturday he was back to his usual spunky and mouthy self by Sunday. I forget how much energy he is supposed to have. Off to a cub scout meeting then YW tonight. Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that I was called as our wards YW president on Sunday. I'm really excited but wish I could forego all the planning meeting that it takes to make things run smoothly. Later!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, I guess the Lord didn't want you to get bored...all this stuff with Max & a new {big} calling to boot--you've got your hands full! Call me when you get a chance-I accidentally deleted your number. We need to get together-I miss you!

Carrie said...

I'm glad he's doing better. I've been checking for updates!