Thursday, January 10, 2008

Waiting

So not much has happened since the doctors appointment on Tuesday. We are waiting for our insuarance company to authorize a treatment. The IVIG treatment is very expensive, anywhere from $4000 to $9000, depending on how much he needs. The other one, called Winrho, is about $1400. That one won't last as long but it is much cheaper and we don't have to sit in the office for 10 hours. We are hoping that one gets approved. Max is also having symptoms of the H. Pylori. He has had diahrrea for the past 2 weeks (which I didn't know about until yesterday) and his stomach bothers him every time he eats. We are also waiting on authorization for a medication for it called Prevacid to help with his upset stomach. Hopefully everything will go through today so he can have the treatment tomorrow. Otherwise it will be a long, stressful weekend for me. He is a champ, though. He is really tough and seems pretty unphased by it all. He is excited about staying home. I'll post when I know more. Later all!

No comments: