Monday, February 25, 2008

One more to go!

Max had another round of Rituxan on Saturday which means only one more! We had a great time at a family birthday picnic at the park before we headed in. He was a real trooper and very happy that the nurse got his iv on the first try and was able to draw blood from it too. His platelet count is still up, 250's. So great! We left by 10 and were back home and in bed by 10:40. I didn't go to sleep though. I stayed up till 1am finishing "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." So good I had to finish it. I will be happy when our Saturdays can be relaxing again and not spent at the hospital. The nurses there are so nice and know Max well enough to anticipate whatever we need. This Satuday will be his last and final dose and then we go into Dr. Bernstein next Tuesday for a follow up. It won't be until then that we will know what his immune system is doing and another 2 more months to know if the Rituxan is working. Max is doing great with school. His Thursday session was canceled because his teacher was in the hospital herself with a possible heart attack. She got out Friday and is expected to be here today. I'm sure Max is anxious to get more school work done and spend some time with Ms. Josie. Thanks everyone for keeping up with all this. It is so great knowing you all care and are concerned. We love you all!

1 comment:

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey Rachelle,
It's Stephanie Veenendaal, I saw your blog last week through Kate's. I had no idea you were going through this with your son. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for being such a positive and motivating person. You really are great!