Here it is, the pictures from my first 1/2 marathon. We left on Friday about noon. Stopped in St. George for a trip to the running store (water belt, socks and Gu) and then Tai Pan. We then ate at Pizza Factory before getting back on the road. We drove through Zions (big miskake! $25 just to get through) and headed straight to Bryce Canyon. 6 hours later we arrived. We checked in to Ruby's Inn (really nice) and then off to get our packets. Nerves were crazy! I was so excited and anxious. There were so many people there and they made it all the more exciting. We went to bed around 11pm Utah time and were up at 4am. Race started at 6 and down the canyon we went.





First mile was fine, then came the downhill. Crazy hard to run downhill for 4-5 miles. My legs were already feeling like jello. At mile 4, Gu #1 went in, and boy was it hard to choke it down. But it worked and almost immediately you feel a burst of energy. Mile #8 was Gu #2, this one wasn't as bad. By mile 11 1/2 I was started to fade but picked up my pace instead. I so bad wanted to finish in under 2 hours. The 3 stops I made to stretch took its toll and my final time was 2 hours 55 seconds! So stinkin' close! It was a great time with the other 3 girls and I am excited to do it again next year.


1 comment:
You are my HERO!
Post a Comment