Friday, July 31, 2009

Birthday Fun

I would like to thank all of you for the calls, texts, messages and emails wishing me a happy birthday.  It was a great one!  to start, Jeff got me a laptop!  CRAZY!!!!  I was totally surprized and shocked when he brought it in to me, it literally left me speachless.  It is really nice and I can't believe that I am now someone with their own computer.  As far as the other computer...have at it boys!

The rest of my day was fairly uneventful.  I took the boys and Jo to Yogels (frozen yogurt) around 1 to celebrate.  Stopped at 5:30 for som tacos at Del Taco (3 chicken soft tacos for $2 on Thursday night) and was picked up at 7 by some friends.

Off to Cheesecake factory we went.  We mostly got salads and appetizers (crab cakes for me...delicious!) and desserts.  They are huge and when they started bringing them out, we started to laugh at how much we ordered, each girl with her own dessert.  Totally rediculous.  Here are some pics of dinner. 

At 9:30 we rolled out and headed for red rock station casino where we met up with some other friends (and Kate) for some cosmic bowling.  Little did we know on Thursday night when you buy 2 games you can bowl as many as you want until 12:45...so that is what we did.  I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard and had so much fun.  we bowled the first 2 games normal and the next 2 crazy: left handed, acting like an animal, dancing, bowling across the lane, mimicking each other, it went on and on.  My lungs and throat hurt from laughing so much.  The culiminating moment was when one of my friends crossed the foul line and biffed it hard, landing on her behind.  "Be careful," she said. "Those lanes are really slippery, it is like they grease them!"  It took me to bowl with my eyes closed before I got a strike.  Most of the girls then picked my up and spun me around 4 or 5 times while we all screamed.  From the sound of it you wouldn't have known we were all adult mothers and that there was no alcohol involved.

Thank you to all the girls who came to dinner/bowling with me.  It was the funnest party ever.  Next year I will try to be more put together and have a pinata and goody bags :)  All I can say is GOOD TIMES and 33 isn't so bad!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I wish I was there. Happy Birthday!