Well, today was the day. Revelation day. That is what Jeff called it. The day we reveal to our kids (which means the news will travel very fast) that we are pregnant! (Sorry Brit. I hate to be another one to add to your "list".) 10 weeks. Not that far along, I know, but it will be very hard to keep it hush for much longer seeing how my belly is already bulging out of all my clothes. I'm sure some of you had your suspicions as to why my clothes are a little snug, or why my workouts have been few and far between...well, actually non-exist ant! I have been not only tired, but very sick. Not enough to ever throw-up, just enough to taste it and feel it in the back of my throat ALL THE TIME! Jeff has been so great and understanding at me not cooking, hardly at all. He is so happy. I feel like I have waited forever for this to happen again. 5 years this August since Simon was born. Crazy! It was in January of 2005 when I started to feel ready for another one. Due to one reason or another (insurance, last year of law school, moving, taking the bar, starting a new job, insurance again, Max's health issues) we put it off for 3 1/2 years. The last year has definitely been the longest in waiting but now that it is here and I am sick, I'm glad we waited until we did. The boys are totally thrilled and I spent part of the day on the Internet with them showing them the stages of the baby in my tummy. Right now it is the size of a date, only not shrivelled, 1 1/2 inches. Simon asked me the other day when he could have a baby sister. Today when I asked him what he thought it would be, he said another boy. Boy or girl, I really don't care. It would be a nice change to have another girl on my side and very fun for me to dress her and do her hair, but boys are easy for me. Either way, we are pretty much starting all over. Practically a new generation of children. That's right, if I have it my way our total will be 5. One at a time. Thinking of doing this sick thing all over again makes me, well, sick, because I am. Trying to embrace and love every minute of it, which at times is very difficult. I am very grateful to be a mother and even more so to be able to do it again, hopefully with fewer mistakes and more patience. Although Jeff likes to remind me often that I'm "no spring chicken anymore," I am looking forward to having another one a little later in life than the others. I hope to enjoy it more and be more relaxed about things. Easier said than done, I know. So to all of you who keep wondering if we are going to have anymore and when, the mystery is finally solved. Love to all of you from the woman with the fast growing womb.....Rachelle
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Rachelle, Congrats! I'm sorry about the sickness, but you and Korie will get to go through each stage together. How fun. Thanks for finding me. I'll check in on you from time to time now.
What kind of law does your husband practice? Ryan is a patent attorney and loves to talk law.
don't apologize, Rachelle! that is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. Alhtough I am partial to boys, I hope you have a girl. I hope you feel better soon.
Congratulations, Rachelle!!!! (And Jeff and Max and Marshall and Simon!!!!) We can't wait to see you guys in September for William's wedding...you'll be so cute and pregnant!!!!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry about the sickness and general uncomfortableness for he next 30 weeks . . . but it is so fun having four.
Thats so exciting! I'm a little jealous! I hope you start feeling better soon!
I don't want to hear anymore about you being an impatient or unkind mother. You do a great job and your boys love you! Good luck and by the way, feeling sick in the back of your throat is waaaay better than feeling it coming out of your mouth! Hope the sickness goes away soon. Congratulations!!!!!
I am SOOOO EXCITED! Your kids are all so wonderful and different...I just can't wait to see what this next angel will be like! I will be anxiously waiting for news and pictures. So sorry to be so far away...I wish I were there to help out!
YEA!!!! I'm so happy for your guys! I hope your sickness ends soon. That's the worst part. Grandma Edie said she hopes the sickness ends soon for you because she thinks it's just awful...AMEN TO THAT!
Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. Children are such a blessing (which I have to remind myself of at 3am when I am giving Jack a bottle).
Love Ray, Jen, Ray and Jack.
congratulations!!! i had my suspisions (sp?).... i'm so happy for you, we'll be due around the same time :)
I am so happy for you!!! That is great news!!! Hope you all are doing well. Our new family is doing great...what a difference being a mom now. We will talk soo...I love you
Jessa
Post a Comment