Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good days and not so good days...

Life is going along here and not much is new or has happened. Simon has a fat lip, Marshall is getting ready for a spelling bee (that isn't for another 6 weeks) and Max had another WinRho treatment today. Yesterday was his follow up appointment, last one being when his counts actually went up! Not the case again. Platelets were back down to 26. Unfortunatley they didn't have the WinRho in the office. Someone else used it since the last one was ordered. So, we went back in this morning at 9am. Jeff was out and about and was able to stop in while Max got his IV in (he prefers his dad to cover his eyes if at all possible). That was a nice surprize,and it all continued on as planned. They first gave him Zophran, to help with the nausea. Then, instead of Benadryl, they gave him something else (he HATES Benadryl and always gets really sick from it). Finally came the WinRho. 10 minutes after, Max was a wreck! Crying, sick, shaking, just not feeling his best. It went on for about 20 more minutes and then the doctor ordered some Ativan/Valium. Within minutes Max was able to calm down. "Why do I see 2 of you" he asked. His pupils were as big as the blue in his eyes. He was fully wacked out. He could hardly talk, and when he did, it didn't make much sense. By 12:45 we were leaving the office and by 1:30 he was resting up on my bed. At one point I heard him calling my name. I go upstairs and find Max on the floor. "What are you doing?" "I tried to walk but couldn't and now I can't get back on the bed." What a mess he was. Now, 5pm, and he is back to his spunky self, out playing with the neighborhood kids. As hard as it is for him to go through all this, I still feel so lucky that we aren't dealing with something worse. And that it was 11 weeks since his last treatment. Hopefully we are on a good streak that will continue.

1 comment:

MyOwnLittleCornerhttp://lovinnarobb.blogspot.com/ said...

What an ordeal for my cute little boy. I will talk to him in the morning. xxox grnadma g.