Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rituxan at work.

I have only a few minutes to make an update, so I apologize now for it being rushed. We got in today at 9am to see Dr. Bernstein and have his platelet level checked. Their blood processing machine wasn't working so we went to the local lab to have it done. 45 minutes later we were back in the doctor's office waiting for the results. An hour and half later they finally faxed back the STAT order. 69!!!!!(last week was 65) Dr. Bernstein was so excited. Not because this means that Max is in the clearing or that he is healed. It means the Rituxan is working and because his immunoglobins are decreasing, there are less of them to be attacking the platelets. NO WINRHO TODAY! Max was so happy. I was too, of course, but also brought the 4th sisterhood book with me (which I can't wait to get through). So what could have been a potentially long, long day turns out to be not that bad. Dr. Bernstein said to come back in 2 weeks, unless we notice Max bruising. Wow, a whole 2 weeks with no doctors appointment...what will we do? I'm off now to the paint store to pick up a gallon so I can finish my upstairs painting project tomorrow. (My shoulder is killing me and I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. The color was hideous and the new paint on the walls and trim look so great!) Jeff is sick again! 3 weeks, it is going on now. I just wish our whole family could be healthy! I will settle with Max's platelet count at 69 for now and count my other blessings. After getting the paint we will pick up Marshall and off to the park. 77 today! So beautiful. You have to be outside on a day like today. Hope you all are enjoying your day. Love to you all! Rachelle

1 comment:

Jack Attack said...

that's great news! I love the Sisterhood books!
Brit P*