Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hulet Update

It seems that Max is the spotlight on this blog so I figured I give some airtime to some of the other Hulets, and Max, that isn't medical garbage.

Jeff seems to be doing great at his job. He never complains about work, and quite often is able to come by the firm's season tickets to the UNLV Rebels basketball games. The boys usually take turns going with him (he only gets 2 tickets) and every now and then he lets me go. He still loves playing paintball with the guys whenever they get a chance, and will be going into an almost hybernation mode now that March Madness is around the corner. He still shaves his head and has gotten comfortable enough at work to grow a gotee. He looks great everyday he leaves the house.

Max is doing so great with his homebound teacher, Ms. Josie. She comes on Monday and Thursday evenings from 5-7:30. He sits straight through, never complaining and does everything she asks. They work out in the casita so he won't be distracted by the rest of the meheim in the house. His confidence level has soared and he has acttually said to Ms. Josie, "thanks, that was so much fun," or "I can't believe we are already done." It is so great to see him doing better and really enjoying his school work. I had the doctor fill out the form so he could be home for the rest of the school year, I hope it continues. Even though it is really stinky all the stuff he has had to go through, it has been so worth it to get him out of his slump at school and to get a different perspective on school work through his new teacher. She really has made the biggest difference.

Marshall is still going to school and loving it! "I'm the 4th smartest kid in class," he likes to remind me almost everyday he comes home. We were on track break for 3 weeks and last Monday was the first day back. It was worse than the 1st day of school. He didn't have Max there and was terrified. I litteraly had to peel him off my leg and hand him over to his teacher, and left him sobbing. By the next day he was fine and now runs in like it was nothing. What a creature of habit this boy is. Everyday it is the same thing for lunch; peanut butter and jelly pocket sandwich with a granola bar and some chips or a brownie. Never does he deviate. As soon as he gets in the door from school he runs upstairs and puts on his little blue nike baseball hat. (Toddler size of course, for his little head) He wears it all night, pj's and all, until he gets in bed and his dad or I have to take it off to kiss him goodnight. He is so skinny and Jeff and wonder if he will ever grow. It does seem like his pants are looking shorter on him now, but man, the kid needs to gain some weight! His passion right now is playing on Toon Town. He wakes up at 6:45 every morning so he will have time to play it before school. "I'm in school all day mom and can't play it so I need at least 1/2 an hour in the morning. Be sure you set my alarm. Are you sure? Is it on buzzer or radio? I can't always hear the radio so please make sure it is on buzzer. And if I don't hear it can you be sure to come in and check to be sure that I wake up before 7?" On and on it goes with him. If any of you have ever spent a few moments alone with the kid you can appreciate how much he loves to talk! And what do you know but first thing in the morning he gets out of bed and puts his hat back on. He is great!

Simon is currently sick. Since Sunday night he has had a fever and yesterday (monday) woke up with a sore throat. Last night was bad and his fever spiked up to 102 or 103. Poor kid was so hot! He slept in our room on the floor but made his way up to the bed. Something about him and his fever makes him talk in his sleep all night! I hope he gets over it soon. Simon mostly likes going 2 doors down to Teresa's house to play with Paige (5) and Levi (3). They are in our ward, and their dad, Merrill, is our Bishop. They are great! We love living so close to them. Max and Noah are best friends too-it is so great! Simon loves to ride his bike and play with his generic Jenga blocks. He is really crazy and gets terrible wound up just like the older 2. His new thing is calling everyone a "Pee-Pee Head!" You would think that after all the vinegar that he has tasted that he would learn.....nope! He always has a smile on his face and says the funniest things. He really has a love for life and a happiness about it that is completely contageous. Very rarely can Jeff or I dicipline him without cracking up in the middle. We usually end up covering our face or leave the room to gain our composure. He isn't in preschool anymore, I am his new teacher. I got some books at Costco and he loves to do his homework. He mostly asks everday to go to the park or play with his cousins. Even though we all live so close it is still hard to see them as often as we would like (we meaning our family....they might not feel the same way! :)

I am really trying hard to get some more clients. Not only do I love it, the money couldn't hurt to offset all the copays and deductibles that are coming in. I love working in YW. What a time consuming calling it is but I have great ladies working with me and I love the girls. I figure I should enjoy it all while I can because maybe I will never have a girl of my own. (No, I will not be addressing the topic of babies and when the next one will be coming-no time soon, i assure you.) Once a month some girls in my ward get together for game night. Jeff loves it as much as I do! (haha)It is so fun to get out of the house and kick back and have some good clean fun! Kate and I and about 8 other girls went bowling last week. It was a total blast. I so want a ball and shoes of my own like Kate but Jeff refuses to cave into the white trashness of it all. (Like him watching Nascar every week is any different!) The home improvements around the house have basically come to a stand-still. With all the comings and goings to doctors and church functions, I bearly feel like I have a handle on the regular stuff. I'm thinking things will calm down a bit now and I can get back to work....painting the upstairs and replacing the rest of the urine filled carpet. That is about it for now. I will try, as I always do and fail, to be better about keeping you all up to date on our family. We really love being back in Las Vegas. It is so great to be near all our family. We absolutely love them all! It was a long one. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

hey! love your blog... check out the bowling pics... game night was a blast!

Carrie said...

Hi! I am amazed with how well you are coping with everything . . . you have so much going on. I'm glad you keep us all updated.

Mindy said...

It's nice to hear about the whole family. Reading your replay of Marshall makes me miss him so much! I could picture it all perfectly. Tell the boys hello. YW really is all consuming at times, but you are a great example to those girls. We'll talk soon!

MyOwnLittleCornerhttp://lovinnarobb.blogspot.com/ said...

I love your blog!Simon,Max,and Marhall are so cute I love you all.