So here are some pics of the St. George Marathon, Saturday October 3rd. This is my friend Suni and I at the expo the day before. We picked up our bibs and bought some goods (I got the cute top and shorts I was wearing). I became friends with Suni when I was living back in NY while Jeff was in law school. Just a month after we moved away, they relocated to St. George. Suni is the reason I ran the race. She called me back in March, I think, and asked if I would run it with her. I agreed. (I have always wanted to run a marathon, and being post-partum and needing to take my mind off getting my body back, I figured this would be the answer.) Right after I got off the phone, I called my friend, Sara, to see if she wanted to do it as well. We both signed up and waited for the lottery results(St. George residents are automatically in.) Needless to say we both got in. About 2 months ago, however, Sara had some injuries that she just didn't have enough time to recover from. What a sport she was! She drove me up on Friday, stayed with me, and came to the finish line to cheer me on.

Here we are at the start of the race. I was up at 2:35am (Utah time) and Suni picked me up at 4:00am. We picked up 2 more girls and headed for the shuttle pick up. When we got the starting point it was 39 degrees!!!! They had about 50 or more bon fires there for people to stay warm, and we needed it! 6:45 the gun went off!

Britney Smith emailed this picture to me. She was there cheering on her husband, Abell, who was also running his first marathon. Thanks for the picture Brit!

Here is a picture of me and Simon just after the race, when we got back to the house. Just before the real pain set in.

Here we are at the start of the race. I was up at 2:35am (Utah time) and Suni picked me up at 4:00am. We picked up 2 more girls and headed for the shuttle pick up. When we got the starting point it was 39 degrees!!!! They had about 50 or more bon fires there for people to stay warm, and we needed it! 6:45 the gun went off!

Britney Smith emailed this picture to me. She was there cheering on her husband, Abell, who was also running his first marathon. Thanks for the picture Brit!
Here is a picture of me and Simon just after the race, when we got back to the house. Just before the real pain set in.
As soon as we got back to the house Jeff got me some Bajio to eat. I told him if I ever wanted to do something stupid like that again, remind me how bad it was and how much it hurts! Now that I've had more time to think about it, I might do it again, but no time soon, that is for sure.
A huge shout out to my cheering squad:
Jeff
Max
Marshall
Simon
Jo
Ben
Sara G.
Stacey U.
Britney S.
Anna D.
Kristin S. (et al)
Just knowing you were all there at the end meant so much!
Then I come home and what do I see.....
What incredible friends I have! Thank you so much. I hope you know how wonderful you are!


No comments:
Post a Comment