Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home Improvement Gone VERY Bad!

So I decided to buy some coat hooks and hand them on the wall in our entry hall, by the door that leads out to the garage. Who would have thought that in trying to hit the stud (which I found using a stud finder) that I would miss by less than 1/8" and drill through a water line! Not good! 5 hours later, all fixed, with the exception of the huge hole in the wall!

Here is the close up of the coupling that took Jeff and I almost 30 minutes to attach.  Not at easy as it looks.  I needed to patch the wall anyways, from where the door put a hole in the wall.  This is what the wall looks like now with a little less dry wall and 2 beautiful coat racks.


With the big hole in the wall I had NO trouble finding the studs! Who needs a stud finder when you only need a $6.00 drywall saw?!